When you think of famous people, sometimes you think of them wearing bold and vivid colors. But when you really think about it, most of them wear subtle and calm colors, like brown, white and gray. It’s not that they don’t like bright colors; they just prefer to keep their personal style understated and simple. They believe that you can’t pull off amazing outfits if you’re overdressing.
The example that we’ll use to illustrate this point is none other than Twilight actor and fashionista Robert Pattinson. As you may know, he has a thing for wearing bold and vibrant colors and even wrote a book about fashion.
When it comes to design, quality, and attention to detail, Pattinson’s brand of sunglasses is without a doubt incredible. If you take a look at his Instagram page, you’ll notice that he consistently shares about his eyewear. And if you’ve seen any of the Twilight movies, you’ll know that he always wears some form of sunglasses.
It seems that he was born to wear sunglasses, as most of our readers have already guessed. Let’s take a closer look at his style and where it came from.
Robert Pattinson’s Early Life
As we’ve established, Robert Pattinson was born in London, on February 10, 1986. He has one older sister named Vanessa and two younger brothers named Alex and Charlie. His mother, Sandy, is an author and educator, while his father, Timothy, is a businessman. He also has a younger half-brother named Luke, who was born to Vanessa. But we’ll get to that in a bit.
Pattinson’s father, Timothy, owned a construction company in London at the time of Robert’s birth. However, he sold it almost ten years later, after which he started a new company with his wife, Marjorie Merriweather. They invested heavily in land and property in Hawaii, and eventually owned and operated a number of hotels there. Today, the company is known as Leisure Lakes Hotels and Resorts.
Robert Pattinson grew up in a very fashionable environment. His mother is a well-known and well-loved socialite, while his father is a billionaire who can trace his ancestry back to the Mayflower. Needless to say, young Robert was raised around lots of money and opportunities to learn about style. At the age of ten, he attended a boarding school in England, where he lived on campus and worked part-time as a nanny to a family’s three children.
While in school, he began creating collections of hats and sunglasses for adults and children. He then moved to New York City, where he founded an atelier in partnership with a business partner. In 2011, he released his first book, titled Good Food, which consisted of the recipes he collected over the years. The same year, he also curated an exhibition of British fashion jewelry at the Brooklyn Museum. He also designed the costumes for the Broadway production of Annie Get Your Gun. In 2012, he opened up a London atelier.
Robert Pattinson’s Design Process
We can say for sure that Robert Pattinson is a man of strong opinions and a clear sense of style. The designer himself explained, in an interview with Vogue, how he goes about designing a pair of sunglasses:
- I usually start with the shape of the frame and then find a lens that fits in with the rest of the design. Sometimes, I’ll do the opposite and start with the lens and work my way up to the frame.
- I find that the key to good-looking sunglasses is in the combination of the frame and the lens. If you have a classic shape for your frame, it’ll make a huge difference. You don’t want to use thick or shiny lenses with a plain frame, because it’ll make the whole look sloppy.
- Also, when it comes to sunglasses, thinner is always better. If you have a pair that’s too thick, it’ll weigh down your face, making you look like an alien.
- If you have a pair of sunglasses that you love and use every day, it’s important to take care of them. Try cleaning them with a bit of lens cleansing solution and use proper eye protection when working with any type of power tool. Also, make sure that they’re protected from intense sunlight and moisture. For extra protection, you can use clear vinyl or polycarbonate cases to store them in.
Robert Pattinson’s Stylish Past
When it comes to fashion, often style is linked to the way you look. But this couldn’t be further from the truth. While some people might choose to wear bright and bold outfits to attract attention, most famous men and women wear more subtle and elegant outfits, like blue jeans and a white shirt.
This is because they prefer a stylish look that doesn’t draw too much attention. It’s a look that says, “I know what I want, and I’m not afraid to express it.” But this doesn’t mean that they don’t like to experiment with colors and patterns. While some of his more daring outfits might make you wonder where he gets his style inspiration from, most of it comes from classic men’s and women’s fashion. This is apparent from his collection of hats and sunglasses.
In an interview with Vanity Fair, Pattinson shared that he gets his fashion inspiration from the streets. He said:
- The way men and women dress on the street is usually very stylish. It’s not like there’s a sign saying, “I’m going to look sloppy today,” so you can imitate it. You can always come up with a design that you think is cool, but you can never really know for sure.
- There’s a certain coolness in the way men and women dress on the street that never seems to go out of style. And it’s not just about street fashion. Even when I was growing up, my grandmother would always surprise me with outfits that she designed. She used to do it for fun, but sometimes she’d pull off amazing outfits that I never seen anyone else wear. It was like she had an invisible dressmaker’s assistant helping her.
- I guess what I’m trying to say is that men and women usually know what they want, and they go for it. They don’t care about what anyone else thinks, so long as they feel good and comfortable within themselves.
What’s amazing is that even though these men and women have very different upbringings and life experiences, they have more in common than you’d think. And it’s not just about fashion. The men and women that we’ve featured on this list have all managed to maintain their style through thick and thin. So if you’re looking to inject some chic into your wardrobe, you might want to consider a career in fashion, even if it’s not what you initially planned on doing.