If you’re a fan of the Twilight saga, you might have heard of Robert Pattinson. Whether you follow the books or the film series, you know that he’s one of the most popular actors of the moment. He plays the reluctant vampire Edward Cullen in all of the films. Even if you’re not a fan of the Twilight films, you might know Robert from his other film roles, including the famous Harry Potter series. With so much going on in the world of entertainment, it’s no wonder people want to talk about it all the time, especially when it comes to celebrities. While you might know the name Robert Pattinson, you might not know exactly what he thinks about the Twilight books and film series. Let’s dive into the matter. Here’s what he had to say about them.
On The Twilight Saga
First, let’s discuss the Twilight saga. In order to make this more interesting, I’ll give you some context. The Twilight saga is a young adult novel series written by Stephanie Meyer. The first book in the series, Twilight, was published in 2005 and became an instant New York Times bestseller. It was followed by its sequels, New Moon and Eclipse, both in 2006. In the United Kingdom, the first two books in the series were published in 2007 under the collective title of The Inheritance, which combines the first two books in the series into one volume. In addition to being an iconic piece of literature, the Twilight saga has also inspired many memes and hashtags on social media. Because it’s such an influential book series, it would be a great opportunity to ask Robert Pattinson about it. Let’s see what he thinks. Here’s what he said
- ‘Twilight is a guilty pleasure in my case. I feel like I should read it but I never really get around to it. The books are very long and there’s a lot of drama in them. Sometimes it can get a little bit much for me.’
- ‘I have not read any of the Twilight books. I did watch the movies when they came out. I know there’s a lot of hype around them. I think it’s a bit of a guilty pleasure. I shouldn’t admit this, but sometimes I read something just to see what all the fuss is about.’
- ‘The Twilight Saga is one of the most widely read and influential young adult fantasy series of all time. It has sold over 75 million copies worldwide, and been translated into several different languages. In 2009, Time magazine named it one of the top 100 most influential books of the 21st century.
- ‘The Twilight Saga is widely regarded as one of the greatest fantasy sagas of all time. It was inspired by the success of the novel The Lunar Chronicles by Marjorie Merriweather Lewis, which was published in 1905 and became an instant New York Times bestseller. Like The Lunar Chronicles, the Twilight saga centers on young women facing extraordinary circumstances that challenge their values and instincts. In the case of Twilight, the main character, Bella, is a young woman who is bitten on the arm by a vampire. She then has to make a choice. Do I give into my vampire instincts and let them compel me to become one of them, or do I stick with my human side and fight for love?’
- ‘The entire Twilight Saga is now available in one deluxe edition, featuring additional content, including a new introduction by the author, Stephanie Meyer. In 2013, Harper Collins released a companion novel, Midnight Sun, which provides an alternative narrative that continues directly from the end of the fourth movie installment, Twilight Saga: Eclipse. This companion novel is set several years after the end of the Twilight Saga, and follows the story of Bella and Edward’s descendants. In addition, the hardcover of Midnight Sun includes an exclusive foreword by Stephenie Meyer, as well as an introduction by the author.’
- ‘The world of Twilight is a dark and dangerous place. Vampires are monsters in this world. In the films, we see that even though the Cullens are good guys, they do feed on humans. It’s not like in Roman Polanski’s Chinatown when the vampires are portrayed as heroic figures, with fangs and white suits, fighting for justice alongside with the cops. In Twilight, the vampires are presented as bloodthirsty creatures who are only motivated by greed. It’s no wonder that many consider this series to be the anti-Harry Potter, with its glorification of evil. It would be great to know what Robert Pattinson thinks about this controversial topic. Let’s see what he said.
- ‘I don’t think I’ve ever read or heard of something so hype about something that I didn’t care for. I think the main problem with Twilight is that it’s badly written. It’s pretentious and it doesn’t know what tone it wants to set. Sometimes it’s funny, but mostly it’s so incredibly earnest that it takes the hilarity out of everything. Even if you go into it thinking it’s going to be this amazing, epic story, it turns out to be a bit of a mess. But regardless, I’m sure there are lots of great things about it.’
- ‘The worst thing about Twilight is the writing. The rest of it is pretty good, but the writing is just so-so. I think a lot of it is overwritten and it shows. The dialogue is quite difficult to follow because it’s very stilted, and it doesn’t flow naturally. It’s very much like something out of a teenage diaries. There’s so much hype around it, that people think it’s going to be amazing, but it’s really not that good. ‘
On The Harry Potter Franchise
Now that we’ve covered the Twilight series, let’s discuss the Harry Potter series. You might be familiar with these books and films, even if you’ve never been a big fan of reading or of Potter movies in general. The Harry Potter series is an English-language translation of a series of bestselling children’s books, first written in 1983. The books were originally titled Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone and were later reissued as Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone because the novels were considered to be an extension of the author J.K. Rowling’s Ph.D. dissertation, titled, ‘The Philosopher’s Stone’. In the United Kingdom, the first two books in the series were published under the collective title of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, which combines the first two books in the series into one volume. The third book in the series, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, was released in 1998 and became an instant New York Times bestseller. It was followed by its sequels, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, both of which were released in 1999. Since the start of the 21st century, the Harry Potter series has sold over 125 million copies around the world, with the most recent installment, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, being released in 2016 and becoming the fastest ever book to reach #1 on the New York Times bestseller list. Just like with The Twilight series, the Harry Potter franchise is also famous for inspiring many memes and hashtags on social media. Because it’s such an iconic piece of literature, it would be an excellent opportunity to get Robert Pattinson’s take on the Harry Potter series. Let’s see what he had to say. Here’s what he said.