The past year has been absolutely insane. From breaking up with girlfriends to changing hairstyles and finding the “perfect” outfit, we’ve seen our fair share of firsts and lasts. While most people were sad to see the end of 2016, it opened up a new chapter in our relationship history books: that of exes. In just a year, we’ve been through more breakups than we’ve had in years. In fact, this past year has been such a whirlwind that it feels like it was just yesterday that we were celebrating Christmas with our loved ones and now it’s time to say goodbye for another year.
When it comes to breaking up with someone, you want to do it right. You want to be sure that it’s for the right reasons and that you’re both making the right decisions. So before we dive into the details of their breakup, it’s important to set the record straight about a few things. First off, they did it right: they wrote beautiful letters to each other (that we were allowed to read), they made thoughtful phone calls, and they took their time breaking up with each other. It wasn’t a short, emotional affair that ended in a snap.
Secondly, they did it proper. They took the time to make sure that their engagement and their wedding were both special events. They wanted to make sure that their friends and family remembered the day and that it was a day to celebrate. They made sure to plan everything down to the smallest detail. Finally, they did it in the perfect way. They took their time getting ready for the big day, picked out the perfect dress, had a beautiful ceremony, and made sure to savor every moment. In fact, they posted sweet pictures on social media the day before the wedding and even threw a little afterparty. It was such a romantic gesture and showed how much they cared about each other.
Why Do People Get Married So Soon After Breaking Up?
There are many reasons why people get married so soon after breaking up, but here are the top three:
- To Have More Kids
- To Secure Finanacial Stability
- To Make Sure Your Lovers Remember You
Having kids is a big step and it’s something that everyone has to consider. If you’re planning on having kids, it’s important to get married first so that you can secure the finances necessary to raise a family. Finanacial stability is also critical, especially if you’re going to be tied to one man for the rest of your life. Finally, as we mentioned above, making sure that your exes remember you is a crucial aspect of breakups. Even if you decide that you don’t want to get back together with your ex, it’s always nice to have someone remember you every now and then. A big bouquet of flowers or a heartfelt letter can help too.
Which Type Of Couple Are We Looking At Here?
It’s important to understand the kind of couple that you’re looking at when considering if or when to get back together with your ex. There are several different types of couples, but here are the most common:
- The Traditional Couple: This is the couple that probably did or do still love each other but just don’t want to commit to one another yet. They may have been together for a while and might even have been married before. They want to be sure that the other is committed to them first before even thinking about committing. They’ll want to be certain that the other will be there for them throughout their entire relationship. Even if they decide to get back together at some point in the future, they’ll want to make sure that their intentions are clear.
- The Free-spirited Couple: This is the opposite of the traditional couple. Instead of being sure of each other first, this couple loves jumping into new things and going on adventures together. They might not even know what city they’ll end up in next or which country they’ll be traveling to. They’re constantly exploring and this is why they want to get married so quickly – to have that safety net. They know that wherever they go, they’ll have each other with them. They might not even want to be apart for long because they know how difficult it can be to be apart when you love someone so much.
- The Emotional Couple: This type of couple gets their emotions tangled up in their relationship. Sometimes, one of them will break up with the other because they don’t feel that they can give their feelings for the other person a chance to grow. They might feel like their emotions are constantly under threat and that one mistake will cause the whole thing to come crashing down. It’s all about control for these couples. While they might not get married for financial reasons, it’s usually because they don’t want to wait to try and understand each other’s feelings first. If they want to get back together with their exes, it’s usually because they want to make sure that the other knows how much they care. They don’t want to hide their feelings anymore because they know that it’ll hurt eventually.
- The Family-friendly Couple: This is the couple that wants to or does already have kids. Whether they have young children or are just going to be parents soon, they want to make sure that their children are a part of the process. It’s not easy being a parent, especially when you’re not used to being around children. They want to make sure that they’re ready for this new role and that their children know that they’ll be there for them. If they decide to get back with their ex, it’s usually because they want to be sure that their children will have both a paternal and a maternal figure around the same time. They don’t want their children to be afraid that their relationship will fall apart.
It’s important to understand the motivations of the people you’re trying to get back with. If you want to plan your next moves correctly, it’s important to consider the reasons why they ended things in the first place. Were they unsure of each other? Was one person always trying to control the situation? Were they both unsure of their feelings? It’s important to know why, because then you can figure out what you’re supposed to do next. If you want to be together with your ex, it’s important to consider whether or not you’re ready. Were you both just going through a rough patch? Was one person trying to hold on for the sake of their children? Are you sure that your commitment to each other is mutual? If you’re not sure, it might not be the right time for you to take the next step. Instead, you could be sabotaging yourself by rushing into things. Take your time getting back together with your ex and make sure that you do it right.
Is It Ever OK To Get Back Together With An Ex?
The answer to this question will depend on a lot of factors, but here are some general guidelines.
- You Shouldn’t Get Back Together With Your Ex If…
- You’re Not Ready To Commit To Each Other
- One Of You Has A History Of Cheating
- You’re Unsure Of Where You Stand With Each Other
It’s never OK to get back together with an ex if any of the above is true. On the other hand, it’s sometimes OK to get back together with your ex if all of the following are true:
- You Needed Financial Stability
- You Want To Be Together But Need To Feel Certain That The Other Will Be There When You Need Them
- Your Ex Has A Good Sense Of Humor
- You’re Both Really Into Kinky Sex
Whether or not it’s OK to get back together with an ex will depend on your personal situation. We want to save you the effort and stress of trying to figure it out on your own. That’s why we’ve compiled this list of guidelines. Now that you know the basics, it’s time to move on to the good stuff: the juicy details that you might not have known about the breakup of Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart.