Is Robert Pattinson actually the real-life Bigfoot? The actor and musician has been spotted several times in recent years by witnesses claiming to have seen him. Is he just a legendary creature, or is there more to the stories? Let’s discuss here.
In 2016, a woman named Melissa Barlowe shared a video of what she claimed was a Bigfoot sighting on TikTok. The video starts out shaky, but once it gets to the part where the creature is seen walking towards the camera, you can clearly see a big head with a small body. Barlowe also pointed out that this specimen matched the description of Bigfoot given by Merriam-Webster:
- “Anthropoid: Of or relating to humans or apes; having features in common with or being humanlike in appearance”
- “Big: Having an appreciable or substantial size or dimension; great; plentiful”
- “Sauce: Something that is fluid, thin, and pale-yellow in color; a liquid”
Since then, others have followed suit with their own videos of alleged sightings or encounters with the elusive beast. Most notably, in September of 2019, a viral video named “The Truth About Bigfoot” gained over 500,000 views on TikTok after claiming that Robert Pattinson was the real Bigfoot and that he was spotted in the English town of Yorkshire.
The video starts out with a man named Chris Jericho interviewing an anonymous source about the bigfoot sightings in Yorkshire. Jericho asks the person if they’ve ever seen Bigfoot, and they answer yes. The person claims that they saw Robert Pattinson with their own eyes. A short time later, another anonymous source chimes in, saying that he or she has also seen Robert Pattinson and that he or she thinks that Jericho should do a story on it. The video then shows Jericho doing a story about Robert Pattinson and including this new information about others seeing the actor as well. Finally, Jericho concludes the story by saying:
- “That’s all the information I have for you. I’m not sure how much more I can cover. I think it’s clear that this is a viral video that is just going to keep making rounds on social media. It’s obviously received a lot of traction because it deals with a subject matter that people are passionate about. You can’t knock viral videos for having some viral properties.”
Pattinson The Legend
Pattinson’s publicist announced on September 10 that the actor had been “exposed to an unproven strain of the measles” and would be taking a few weeks to recover. A few days later, the singer-songwriter Katy Perry shared some exciting news on Instagram:
- “Just found out that my friend @robertpattinson is the real-life Bigfoot!!! What a blessing. So happy this story will finally be told. The truth is out there, y’all.”
- “Me too! I love this guy and I’m so happy this will be a thing.”
- “Me too! I have a feeling I’m going to be seeing a lot of him in my Instagram feed for a while.”
Then, on September 23, a representative for Perry’s record label confirmed that she had indeed been in contact with Pattinson about possibly collaborating on some music together. A couple days later, the singer’s rep said that she was still in talks with the actor and that they hoped to make music together “very soon.” Of course, nothing concrete has come from these discussions yet, but maybe soon we’ll know more about what’s going on with Perry and Pattinson.
For those who don’t know, Robert Pattinson was born in London, England on December 27, 1986. He grew up in a small town in Scotland before moving to London for university. He is now one of the most recognizable film stars in the world, known for his role as Edward Cullen in the Twilight series. In addition to his acting career, he’s also a skilled musician and songwriter. In 2012, he released his first album, Twylight, which debuted at number four on the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart. He also toured the U.S. and Canada with Foo Fighters that year.
In 2013, he released his second album, Bad Blood. The following year, the rapper Kendrick Lamar released a song titled “Humble” where he raps about Pattinson. In 2016, he released his third album, King of the Forest, which went number one on the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart. Earlier this year, he released his fourth album, Shadows, which also peaked at number one on the Top 200 Albums chart. As he gears up to begin his fifth album with a new management team, what will the future of Robert Pattinson hold? Only time will tell.