It’s no secret that Robert Pattinson is the most popular choice for the role of Batman. The British actor has played the Caped Crusader in both live-action and animated adaptations of the blockbuster franchise, and even dressed as Batman for Halloween during an Instagram Live broadcast.
While many fans may be happy to see their favorite star play such a famous character, others prefer to compare him to another Hollywood superstar. Is Robert Pattinson Batman? Let’s take a closer look.
Is Robert Pattinson Batman?
If you’ve been paying attention to celebrity news in the past year, you may have read about the strange similarities between the two Hollywood superstitions. While we all love Batman and Halloween, let’s not kid ourselves: the Caped Crusader and the Dark Knight share a lot in common.
Both characters are renowned for their stoicism, their wit, their charm, and their devotion to justice. For decades, fans of both Marvel and DC have cited these traits as reasons for their favorite characters’ appeal.
Perhaps most notably, both Batman and Robert Pattinson have inspired a range of products aimed at enhancing masculinity. From ‘burgers and fries’ to ‘eau de toilette’, the movies and merchandising team behind the two franchises have capitalized on their audience’s interest in strong, silent heroes.
Same Bathing Suit, Different Colors
One of the defining features of Robert Pattinson’s Batman is his iconic black and yellow ‘uniform’. Although the actor has worn several different outfits as Batman over the years, the outfit has consistently evoked comparisons to the Dark Knight. Not only do the two sport nearly identical swimwear, but the yellow has also been interpreted as either relating to Bruce Wayne’s company, or perhaps his love of sunshine. Many fans have compared Pattinson’s Batman outfits to the actor’s previous work in the 2006 film, “Remember Me?” where he wore a white suit.
When it comes to the similarities between Batman and Robert Pattinson, the character’s costume is the most obvious area where they converge. However, it’s not just about the outfits: they also share a similar approach to crime-fighting. While the Caped Crusader does his best to stop criminals from harming innocent people, so too does Robert Pattinson.’s Batman. Both heroes are determined to protect the city in the face of evil, and use their intellect and resources to solve crimes. Interestingly, although Batman and Robert Pattinson are both famous for their fashion choices, their wardrobes are actually more similar than different. Not only do they both sport a dark color scheme, but they are also both masters of interior design. If anything, the similarity in their wardrobe choice can be viewed as a commentary on fashion and style in general.
Bikers, Businessmen, And Cartoon Characters
Another area that has attracted considerable interest is the comparison between Batman and Robert Pattinson and their associations with other famous individuals and groups. While Batman has been associated with a variety of famous people in his time, it’s fair to say that the majority of his cameos were either as a character or in reference to a film or novel. Robert Pattinson, on the other hand, has created a number of iconic associations as Batman, from the bikers he’s been photographed with in 2019 to his rumored relationship with Twilight’s Taylor Lautner. While many celebrities have been spotted at Hollywood events wearing Batman apparel, it’s rare for a celebrity to actually identify as Batman. But, perhaps surprisingly, Robert Pattinson’s Batman has become an iconic fashion choice among Harley Davidson bikers. In 2019 alone, he was spotted with biker gangs in both California and Nevada, and even posed for a photo with a member of the Hells Angels in a 2019 paparazzi photo.
A Comparison Of Character Traits
Aside from their outfits and accessories, the two main characters also share a number of character traits. Below we’ve compiled a list of some of the things that define Batman and Robert Pattinson.
– They’re Intense Analysts – Both Batman and Robert Pattinson are renowned for their intellect. In fact, Bruce Wayne is often credited with creating the ‘detective’ class as a way of showcasing his intellect.
– They Are Energetic – Though Batman is often described as a ‘nocturnal animal’, the Caped Crusader is far from being a night person. In reality, he is an extremely energetic character who loves to solve crimes and spends most of his time doing so. Similarly, Robert Pattinson has been photographed on multiple occasions arriving at premieres and appearances wearing a hat, gloves, and sunglasses – even in winter.
– They Are Independent – As the most famous vigilante in the world, Batman is often referred to as ‘the millionaire’s superhero’. But though he may be rich, the Caped Crusader is certainly not a ‘rich kid’ and is known to work regularly. While many of his adventures feature work-related crimes, this has not always been the case. Notable exceptions include his involvement in the 1969 stock market heist, and the many masked vigilantes he’s led in the past. Similarly, during World War II, Robert Pattinson rose to fame as the perfect gentleman spy – a role that required him to be highly resourceful and independent.
– They Are Resourceful – In many cases, Batman’s resourcefulness has saved the lives of others. In the Batman and Robin ‘70s television series, for instance, the Caped Crusader foiled an attack on an old woman and a baby, by using his wits to distract the gunmen. Similarly, in real life, Batman has been known to solve crimes using his money, intellect, and connections. The Dark Knight will often call upon these resources to help those in need, regardless of whether they’re fictional characters or real-life victims.
– They Are Loyal – Though he is often portrayed as ‘the world’s greatest detective’, Batman is a staunch defender of justice who will stop at nothing to uncover the criminals behind the city’s most heinous crimes. Similarly, during World War II, Robert Pattinson risked his life to help French resistance fighters and protect those persecuted by the Nazis.
– They Are Aggressive – Though Batman is generally accepted as a ‘non-violent vigilante’, he has been known to use his wits and fists in self-defense. Notable exceptions include his battles with the Joker and the Penguin, who are both recognized for their sadistic tendencies. Similarly, during World War II, Robert Pattinson was photographed attacking and subduing a Nazi officer with a knife – an attack that was later immortalized in the 1966 animated series.
While many fans may celebrate Robert Pattinson’s Batman, there are also those who prefer to see the similarities between the two Hollywood superstitions as a commentary on culture and society. These fans may not want to see their favorite actor play a role that so closely resembles another infamous Hollywood character, or perhaps they feel that Batman and Robert Pattinson are too similar to compare. Whatever the case may be, the comparisons between the Dark Knight and the Twilight actor are endless – from their fashion choices to their approach to crime-fighting and the treatment of others.